The Challenge runs on a secure platform managed by EDITx. The following personal data about the participants will be collected by EDITx: first name, last name, address, date of birth, email, telephone/mobile number and Linkedin profile (if present). Personal data are used for the following purposes:
- To monitor the competition process (to see if everything runs according to the rules)
- To analyse and optimise EDITx
- To set up the statboard & leaderboard at the end of the Challenge
EDITx shares the personal information of the participants (last name, first name, mobile and email) with, and only with Partena. Partena will use this information for the following purposes:
- To contact all participants to share Challenge results
- To contact the top participants to invite them for the finals
- To contact participants about future intern or job opportunities
Retention of Personal Data
Personal Data will be retained by EDITx and Partena for 12 months. EDITx has implemented adequate technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data and keep it as safe and secure as reasonably possible, protecting it against unauthorized, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, misuse, disclosure or access and against other unlawful forms of processing. These security measures have been implemented taking into account the state of the art of the technology, their cost of implementation, the risks presented by the processing and the nature of the Personal Data in question.
EDITx takes reasonable measures to protect the security of personal data. However, no method of storage is completely secure as a result of which EDITx makes no warranty, express or implied, concerning the security of any Personal Data.
Participants who have Personal Data collected and processed have the right at any time to contact EDITx to access their Personal Data and request a correction of any incorrect or incomplete information.
Subject to and in accordance with applicable law, Individuals may also have the right to:
- request the deletion of their Personal Data;
- request restrictions or object to the processing of their Personal Data;
- data portability, allowing the individual to copy or transfer their Personal Data;
- withdraw their consent at any time where consent was provided to process their Personal Data, provided this will not affect the validity of the processing prior to such withdrawal of consent; and
- receive more information about the safeguards in case of international data transfers.
Participants also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority or another EU supervisory authority if they think EDITx has not acted in line with any applicable data protection laws in respect of dealing with their Personal Data.
For any further information about these rights or to make a request please contact the Privacy Officer at EDITx at:
Rue des Francs, 79
Phone Number: +32 2 240 57 80
Cookies and similar technology
Any of the following reasons will justify a disqualification even if we feel sorry for that.
Communicating and/or publishing any kind of data, questions or solutions in liaison with the challenge, and sharing directly or indirectly this information with any other contestant before the challenge has been closed;
Attempting to damage the website or taking action that may have a negative impact on the normal process/operating procedure of the challenge. Incidently this may also be considered as a legal violation and EDITx reserves the right to initiate a legal procedure and claim damages before the Court.
Having multiple profiles while participating to the challenge.